How does Kinetick compare to the Continuum | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

How does Kinetick compare to the Continuum

Michigan, Jackson

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT and TS
Broker/Data: NT Continuum
Favorite Futures: ES, CL

No TF data with Kinetick

After signing up with Kinetick, I was unaware that they do not have a contractual agreement with NYBOT. Therefore, you cannot trade the all-popular TF (emini Russel 2000). That was the ONLY reason I dropped Kinetick.

Continuum CQG works well for my automation in real time trading but cannot be trusted to deliver clean tick volume if you intend to download and backfill tick data.

A curious matter related to NT Brokerage Continuum is signing up for additional datafeed packages like the CBOE. They do NOT list what you get with the package -- very enigmatic to the point of being ambiguous. Why don't they just post on their site the data you get with a package. What is the problem with that? Unless they tell you, it is unlikely to show up in your platform Instrument Manager. And without the symbology, you have to ask a rep how to key it in under "new". Riduculous!

OK. That's my Hyde Park soapbox. I'm off now. Geesh!

Ken