AMP CME charges? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

AMP CME charges?

Market Wizard
Boca Raton

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Variety
Broker/Data: Optimus Futures, LLC
Favorite Futures: Futures

kronie View Post
@mattz

perhaps you can confirm these sentiments:

1) the fees are industry imposed from the exchange, and any account, with an active connection will be charged, whether or not they log in, trade or otherwise. I previously incorrectly stated at which point the decision to charge an account was made.

Yes. If you do not login you do not need an active account.

kronie View Post
2) the exchange makes more from their institutional clients, and the retail clients are being charged in a similar manner, irrespective of their cost benefit analysis of trading CME products in contrast / comparison to other exchanges (and their products).

Pro accounts will be charged X17 per exchange. Retail non pro is $5, Pro $85 per exchange as of $2016, now I belive it is $42 per exchange. Pro rates apply to brokers as well.

kronie View Post
not sure how your firm is speaking, or your customers, but other firms are hearing from, and discussing how this change will inevitably cause many retail customers to reconsider the cost benefits of trading EMinis over other vehicles.

I was informed from my insider contacts, that these discussions are wide spread and wil cause a number of clients to revisit or completely switch over to CBOE options trading and away from CME / CBOT / NYMEX / Eurex products....

Your insiders think that a retail account will move from an instrument like like ES to a totally different instrument because of $5 per month!? What exactly do your insiders do to have such a perspective?

My colleagues have a different perspective.

Matt

There is a risk of loss in futures trading.

PM with any questions about optimusfutures (800) 771-6748 (561) 367 8686. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING.