Trade Point Technologies | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Trade Point Technologies

Elite Member
New Orleans, La (Mardi Gras City)

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Favorite Futures: ES / 6E / 6B / CL

paps View Post
i guess he may have had his reasons not to post. One reason I can think of is the Spikes are real time.

Thanks for posting your charts.
I think I've used the correct time period on the chart below.
I'm in Central Time zone and I think your charts are your local time.

When I spoke with Pat he was not selling the indicator but later offered it for sale after the 'teasing' on Traders Lab.
I don't blame him for not helping to create the indicator and my comment was not critical of his decision to not share his insights.

The biggest issue I found with the indicator was that it only seemed to work well on Volume Bars (Share bars in Tradestation). That created some issues with picking the correct size of the bars. When ES is very busy (high volume), a bigger bar was needed to get the desired result. When ES was slow(premarket or low volume), a different size bar was best. As long as the correct bar size was used, the indicator worked fine, if the wrong size bar was used, the signal was either missing or at the wrong time.

That is why I developed a different way to accomplish the same result with more consistent results over varying market conditions.
This worked much better for me.

I hesitate to display this since I can not share the indicator nor the bar types.
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
The following 2 users say Thank You to DavidHP for this post:

Page generated 2018-08-20 in 0.06 seconds with 12 queries on phoenix