Is IQFeed really needed when having Rithmic? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Is IQFeed really needed when having Rithmic?

Market Wizard
Boca Raton

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Variety
Broker/Data: Optimus Futures, LLC
Favorite Futures: Futures

Big Mike View Post
Glad to see they are evolving. They used to provide no historical data at all, which is why NinjaTrader did it for them. Then after a few years, they started providing 3-days of historical to MultiCharts. I don't remember any announcement about when they moved to 3-months of data. Still, 3 months is basically worthless in my opinion, but better than 3 days for sure.

Mike

It took me a long time to "evolve" Rithmic to think along retail lines.
Some projects we had to take on ourselves, like making the demo/cme certification an online process versus downloading r-trader for all the platforms that are driven by Rithmic.
I believe this is why NinjaTrader does not provide Rithmic demos, as you now need to expose another platform.

SierraCharts via "OptimusScreen" also provides historic data.

IQ Feed is excellent source of data for developers, and their customer service via James To, has been incredible.
Those platforms that lack the historical component and breath indicators, we have always recommended IQ.

Matt

PM with any questions about optimusfutures (800) 771-6748 (561) 367 8686. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING.
The following 2 users say Thank You to mattz for this post: