Is IQFeed really needed when having Rithmic? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Is IQFeed really needed when having Rithmic?

Site Administrator
Manta, Ecuador

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: My own custom solution
Favorite Futures: E-mini ES S&P 500

mattz View Post
Rithmic is first and foremost a complete data-feed.

Data-feed comes from the exchange's TickerPlant.
Part of Rithmic's technology is based upon taking all the data that the exchanges (CME, ICE, etc) distrbibute via the TickerPlanet and delivering it to your platform in a concise unfiltered manner that fuels the input for your charts, quotas, Market Profile, etc.

Each data-feed also contains OrderPlant which is a set of program that provide you with the ability to route orders to execute on the exchanges. It includes, authentication of users, authorization, order management modules, exchange submission, and execution reports.

Rithmic does provide three months only, so IQ Feed would be a great complement to those who need longer history for the purpose of trading a given methodology. The breath indicators are a plus to those who utilize such tools.

Matt

There is a risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Glad to see they are evolving. They used to provide no historical data at all, which is why NinjaTrader did it for them. Then after a few years, they started providing 3-days of historical to MultiCharts. I don't remember any announcement about when they moved to 3-months of data. Still, 3 months is basically worthless in my opinion, but better than 3 days for sure.

Mike

Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.

Need help?
1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first.
2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses.
3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make.
4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance.
5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers.
6)
Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.

If you want
to support our community, become an Elite Member (see why)

Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Big Mike for this post: