Prop Trading Firms (Market/Volume Profile) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Prop Trading Firms (Market/Volume Profile)

Elite Member
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: JIGSAW/SIERRA CHART
Broker/Data: MacQuarie Futures/AMP Clearing/CQG
Favorite Futures: HHI, HSI, FDAX

TickedOff View Post
You'd have to ask the firm about their approach. A lot of them are quant based, if they are discretionary, directional traders they probably use volume profile. Most prop firms use xtrader because of its DOM, they might use a separate platform for charting. an alternative to xtrader would be the jigsaw add-on for ninjatrader, which is actually better because it splits the bid/offer prints. Talk about a late response lol.

The guys I've met from Propex are using XTrader as you say. Its a whole package though, data, risk, spreading, iceberg orders, etc. They usually getting great commissions and the software is just another expense. They're not likely using Jigsaw for execution, but they would be stupid not look at it for training purposes at least. Using a VWAP to help with directional equity index trading would be encouraged at least, IMO. Market or Volume profile is not as accepted as it is in the US from what they've told me and what i have seen of the US traders. That said they are getting their idea of context and value, clearly from something else. Also, not all traders in non-US regions have tick, VIX, market internals etc., to use for confluences.

The most successful directional prop trader i know uses his determination of context and the order flow. The most successful Prop guy i know is a bond trader, spreader. Large lots, hang on through the pain until it reverts, cheap commissions are key here too.

XS

The following 2 users say Thank You to xiaosi for this post:

Page generated 2018-11-12 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix