"Free" platforms/datafeeds OEC, TA, TOS. | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

"Free" platforms/datafeeds OEC, TA, TOS.

Super Moderator
Portland, Oregon

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-50
Favorite Futures: GBU-39

upsolow View Post
Thanks, I will definitely share my findings. So far, I'm really leaning toward an OEC provider and had narrowed down to Cannon Trading, Apex Futures, and Stage 5. I'm really liking and leaning most towards Stage 5 (though Apex is close second) due to the many support videos available. As for the speed/lag issues I spoke with someone at FuturesOnline/OEC that confirmed with me that the "demo" version could be slower when resources are needed server side to support volatile times - in essence my understanding is the resources (does this mean RAM or bandwidth? regardless) are more heavily supporting the live platform in those times (which may cripple the demo environment). Also, with the 2 of you's feedback on the live platform have rare issues I'm definitely sold on OEC (plus it's way prettier then TA). Just which white labeled version to go with is my question (leaning toward Stage 5). Thanks again for your wonderful insights my friends!

I personally recommend Cannon, as their support has been amazing. But Stage 5 is a close second, the only reason I did not go with them was I do not like who they have to clear through to use Ninja (Global Futures). But all of the guys at Stage 5 and Cannon get 2 thumbs up from me!