Interactive brokers currency balance | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Interactive brokers currency balance

Luxembourg

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: IB / Kinetick
Favorite Futures: ES, ZN

I also have my IB account configured for EUR as base currency since I live in Europe and my cash transfers from and to the trading account is done exclusively in EUR...

But I also hold various amounts of the top 7 currencies, including USD of course since all my trading on CME futures are in USD. Short answer, you have to manage your own hedging on currencies, IB for sure will not be doing that for you

If the balance of any currency you hold is negative, you are charged a daily interest rate, the percentage depends on the currency which is on loan (https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=interest&p=schedule2)

basically, you can take a 6E future or option in the opposite direction, or simply initiate a forex trade on the EUR/USD or whatever pair you want to hedge for your FX fluctuations.

You have to manage your IB account like a pro no way around that.

Cheers
F

Successful people will do what unsuccessful people won't or can't do!
Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Fadi for this post: