Rithmic feed and rissues | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Rithmic feed and rissues

Market Wizard
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra, IRT, ToS, Ninja
Broker/Data: Stage 5
Favorite Futures: NQ

mattz View Post
This is only my general opinion as far as feeds: You would likely see more issues as far as platforms and feed integration, rather than FCM and data feed differences. Most FCMs and IBs rely on the data feed server's rather than the FCM's in many cases. Some FCMs may have their own servers, that some data feeds may require.
I know this does not answer your question, but this would help you ask the right questions.

Matt

There is a substantial risk of loss of futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

I guess my question is: Are incidents like the one detailed in post #27 likely to happen again, and is having ADMIS as a FCM going to make these incidents more or hopefully less likely?

What gave me pause was that the starter of the thread claims he "woke up to find that I was in a position that I never entered." That's not good at all.

Interestingly, the Rithmic incident was reported on Dec 1. It looks like Vision Financial transferred their accounts to ADMIS on Nov 30th. (futures.io (formerly BMT) link) It could be coincidence, but perhaps someone "kicked a cable' during the transition, affecting clients besides those with Vision accounts.

Who knows really, and I doubt anyone would fess up, but it is odd...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote