Historical Data beyond what Ninja has? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Historical Data beyond what Ninja has?

Market Wizard
Cleveland Ohio/United States

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation
Broker/Data: Tradestation, DeCarley, others
Favorite Futures: futures

LightWeight View Post
Is anyone familiar with this company?

Ninjatrader Native Historical Data & Market Replay Data for Futures, Forexs & Stocks : Continuous Intraday Tick, Minute, Day, Volume, Bid, Ask, Last, Level I & Level II High Frequency Trading Data

They say they have futures data going back 45 years available for download, and for NinjaTrader. It looks like it might be in continuous contract format though, which I thought I read was not ideal to run historical optimization runs on.

What kind of continuous contract do they offer? There are different methods of creating these datastreams, and each one has some strength and weaknesses.

I use backadjusted continuous contracts, and I am happy with them. But, on some futures, the historical price can actually go negative because of the backadjusting, so you have to be careful with your calculations and testing.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to kevinkdog for this post: