Automated Trading Broker? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Automated Trading Broker?

New York, NY/United States

montanajtt View Post
trust me, don't do that. if you really want to run this road, learn to code, start by 0, will be long and tough, if there is nobody that will make you see something good, it will probably cause you to lost some money. I would suggest to start trading discretionary on sim and then if you want to run the automated road, try to code it yourself, it will take a couple of years 12/15 hours a day weekend included to get something merely profitable if you are lucky and good.

Or just invest your money in something safe

Or to answer your question, tradestation is one of the many

I appreciate your answer but perhaps you can provide more details on your reasoning. I'm not talking about some over-optimized system with a dozen indicators, I'm considering some simple robust systems (as mentioned in the original post) with volatility adjusted position sizing and ATR stops. I understand how trend following systems work and that I'll experience hefty drawdowns possibly over 2-3 years. It's just not clear to me why I have to learn to code. In fact, I know a guy that is constantly coding systems and he jumps from one to another and my guess is he's never made any money. I don't want to be that guy.