Rithmic feed and rissues | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Rithmic feed and rissues

Market Wizard
Boca Raton

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Variety
Broker/Data: Optimus Futures, LLC
Favorite Futures: Futures

Japhro View Post
Within the last few weeks I've had a number of issues with Rithmic, and I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. A week or so ago they had a total outage during RTH, their servers went down completely, probably for 45min to an hour, orders got screwed up and I ended up losing a small but annoying amount of money. Then today, I woke up to find that I was in a position that I never entered, something within their servers hung up and filled me in a position that was likely a stop for positions I had on yesterday, Rithmic does not use server side OCO and everything was flat/cancelled by close yesterday, so this is something on their side. Of course, this position was shown as a loss as well so I simply flattened it.

I use Multicharts.net version, and my broker is Dorman, who I like for various reasons. I used CQG on this platform a year or more ago but had many issues with them. It seems like I have few real alternatives in terms of other feeds.

Has anyone else had similar issues with Rithmic in terms of feeds and/or ghost orders? I certainly feel like I cannot continue with them, once you lose trust in something with trading, forget it, who wants to wake up to a drained account and a sorry, not our fault or liability email?

Cheers - J

Check if the issue you are having is processing of trades, you should check with your broker if you think you are flat. To me it sounds like your trades have not been updated in the back office, and this is not a connectivity issue.
Regardless of the feed you use, trades need to be processed and updated in real time. Just my opinion.

Matt

PM with any questions about optimusfutures (800) 771-6748 (561) 367 8686. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING.
The following user says Thank You to mattz for this post: