Intermarket Analysis Resources? | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Intermarket Analysis Resources?

Elite Member
Berlin, Europe

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: Keyboard

Forum Reputation: Legendary

Question too large

This question is impossible to answer the way you put it.

John Murphy wrote a great classic on intermarket analysis, but it just explains some of the basic concepts. To answer your question, anyone would need to know

- which instruments you intend to trade
- what timeframes you are looking at

Intermarket relationships are difficult to grasp, because once a positive correlation between two instruments is established, it can quickly revert to neutral or negative. So you cannot analyze any intermarket relationships without using filters, which are basically derived from sentiment indicators.

This is actually an extension of technical analysis. Instead of deriving an edge from price and volume alone, you introduce some additional variables that are - to some extent - independent from the first two ones. But this makes things more complex, as well.

So where lies your focus, what are your intentions?

Style View Post
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this.

I recently read John Murphy's "Intermarket Technical Analysis - Trading Strategies For The Global Stock, Bond, Commodity, And Currency Markets". I found it a very interesting topic, and even though it was written 20 years ago, it still appears to apply today.

I would like to get some assistance with inter-market analysis, or even "out source" it fully, freeing me to spend my limited time concentrating on what trades I'm going to make within the current inter-market picture. What resources would you recommend, paid or free, for inter-market analysis?

I did a trial subscription to Bob Hoye's Institutional Advisers newsletter, and it was pretty good. They start with the credit markets, and expand from there to develop their thesis. I'm considering subscribing, but I want to explore my options before making a commitment.

Any help you could give would be great. Thanks!

Page generated 2018-10-15 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix