Daily stop loss limit set mechanical with AMP futures, help. | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Daily stop loss limit set mechanical with AMP futures, help.

USA / Lithuania

Good question, I recently had the same question for my AMP broker. Basically I was told there are 4 things they can do, which is 80% drawdown auto liquidation over the course of 1 trading session, higher margins for free, limit my account to only trading a maximum of 1 contract on any instrument at one time, or manually disabling my account if I request so. But that is not what I want. I wanted custom daily loss limits, which they said their trade desk doesn't provide. I do not understand how this is the case when they already provide it at 80%... why can't I choose my own daily loss limit level? In my opinion, this is an extra insurance policy I would like to have, even if it means paying for it (I believe NinjaTraderBrokerage offers this service for free). Anyone here on the forum have anything else they were told on this from AMP customer support? Perhaps someone was able to get their own loss limit implemented for them?