CME Rule 575 | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

CME Rule 575

Vendor: www.jigsawtrading.com 
Bangkok

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts.NET, S5, Ninj
Broker/Data: AMP, S5, IB
Favorite Futures: ES

One of the concerns I have is whether this has a knock on effect on the people that make a living providing liquidity in the markets.

I think the "intent" part is actually covered in there:

"Q1: What factors may Market Regulation consider in assessing a potential violation of Rule
575?
A1: Market Regulation may consider a variety of factors in assessing whether conduct violates Rule
575, including, but not limited to:
• whether the market participant’s intent was to induce others to trade when they otherwise
would not;
• whether the market participant’s intent was to affect a price rather than to change his
position;
• whether the market participant’s intent was to create misleading market conditions;
• market conditions in the impacted market(s) and related markets;
• the effect on other market participants;
• the market participant’s historical pattern of activity;
• the market participant’s order entry and cancellation activity;
• the size of the order(s) relative to market conditions at the time the order(s) was placed;
• the size of the order(s) relative to the market participant’s position and/or capitalization;
• the ability of the market participant to manage the risk associated with the order(s) if fully
executed;
• the duration for which the order(s) is exposed to the market;
• the duration between, and frequency of, non-actionable messages;
• the queue position or priority of the order in the order book;
• the prices of preceding and succeeding bids, offers, and trades;
• the change in the best offer price, best bid price, last sale price, or Indicative Opening
Price (“IOP”) that results from the entry of the order; and
• the market participant’s activity in related markets."

But I do think that legitimate market makers (who we do need) might be the baby that gets thrown out with the bathwater...

Also - what is the method of enforcement - does each case need to go through the courts? If so - I have to wonder how effective it will be when the larger outfits get lawyered up and argue their case.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io "Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Jigsaw Trading for this post: