CQG FCM commissions and fees | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

CQG FCM commissions and fees

London UK

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra, NinjaTrader, Interactive Brokers, TradeStation
Favorite Futures: several

Futures Operator View Post
@oceanbreeze, have you had any issues with speed/reliability of IB's order routing?

That's a good point. I am not having any issues with Tradestation or IB/Ninja or IB/Sierra, and all's well with my performance.

It does not appear that a high percentage of people in this forum use Tradestation. There are probably good reasons for that. If I could get a sample of those reasons, that would be great.

Using IB connected to Sierra or Ninja using third party data seems cobbled together, more to go wrong, compared to an all-in-one like CQG or Tradestation for that matter.

I think CQG turns out to be not too much more expensive than Tradestastion. Is that right?

What turns people off Tradestation?

If CQG is in a different league than Tradestation, why is that?

I don't imagine than an almost imperceptible difference in order routing and data speed is going to improve my returns.

That said, I like to have the right equipment, doesn't have to be perfect, just near enough optimal.

Last edited by oceanbreeze; September 7th, 2014 at 08:44 AM.