IQ Feed and data fee in general question. | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

IQ Feed and data fee in general question.

Vendor: www.abctradinggroup.com 
Hamburg Germany

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, Tradestation
Broker/Data: DTN IQ
Favorite Futures: ES

rhuz,

I am not exactly sure if this is what you mean, but you basically pay them for the service of delivering the data to you (with all that takes).
Besides that the exchanges charge fees for realtime access to their data and the basic subscription to IQ Feed doesn't cover that. Now you can subscribe to the exchanges you require. If you only want to follow three symbols which happen to be traded at three different exchanges you'd end up paying three different exchange fees (although you could receive realtime data for all symbols included in the three exchange packets). This is not something IQ made up and they have to forward the money to the exchange.
You can find more information here on IQ's page: Welcome to DTN IQFeed! - Fast, Reliable, Affordable. Market Data and API's.

Regards,
ABCTG

rhuz View Post
Hi, i have a question regarding data fees. Recently i purchased IQ feed for doing my homework. I'm with stage 5 so i got the promotion for the full year disscount.
The thing is i don't really know much about data services. I tried talking with IQ representatives but still hard to speak the same language. This is regarding iq feed but more intended for user-user assistance.

What is the core service?
I have to paid extra for seeing the ZB and the ES at the same time?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to ABCTG for this post: