Market Data feeds - SIP, Direct Edge, etc vs Nanex/IQFeed | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Market Data feeds - SIP, Direct Edge, etc vs Nanex/IQFeed

New York, NY

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: Vanguard 401k
Broker/Data: Yahoo Finance
Favorite Futures: Mutual funds

Big Mike View Post
Thanks @artemiso as always.

I have a two fold problem, historical and real-time. On the historical side I am facing problems with consistency, for example IQFeed does not provide dividend adjusted or consistent split adjusted data. On the real-time side, I am up against IQFeed limits for simultaneous tickers.

Perhaps there is a better solution somewhere in the middle, without going to the Exchanges directly? I've not explored alternatives like Barchart or CQG. I'm only aware of NxCore and the reason I listed it was because I know they provide a very flexible API (important to me, as you mentioned I am a one man shop). I am not sure beyond that.

Thanks and you're welcome.

A few of those vendors I mentioned store a rolling 1~ week archive for you to "recover" any missing data. I honestly think it's better to capture everything live, though.

Those vendors I've mentioned will also provide you with split factors, dividends etc. on a programmatic basis, as a market data field (in a traditional row-oriented database format, it would be alongside "price" and "volume").