Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review)

Super Moderator
Portland, Oregon

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-50
Favorite Futures: GBU-39

deaddog View Post
I just think the 55% rule would force traders to take trades that are not optimal because the focus is on winning days.

If you want consistency I personally would look for a trader who consistently takes only the best set-up and consistently has small losses and large profits.

I have actually just written a lot about focus in my journal. You shouldn't focus on the 55% rule, or even the profit needed a day to win the combine.

You should focus on executing the right setups that put you in place to win the combine (if you fail, so what? you executed your plan*). If you shift your focus from trying to keep their rules to just executing your plan you have a better chance of doing so. Its like driving a car or a bike and seeing a pothole, if you focus on the pothole odds are you will hit it. Focus on where you want to go, not the obstacle in your path. Like Greztsky would say skate to where the puck is going not where it has been. In trading as in life, attention is short, don't waste it on something that will cause you to make an error.

**After that you can start to determine if your plan was even feasible.

The following 3 users say Thank You to tturner86 for this post: