NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)

Chicago IL

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: 6E

COTtrader View Post
@NT Brokerage - Are all LLCs and/or S Corps operating as a trading business or trading education business contrued by law as professional? If so, is this a CFTC ruling or an IRS ruling? If I recall correctly, former Mirus representative commented on the fact that not all LLCs and/or S Corps that have accounts with them are considered professional but non-professional.

Legally, wherein lies the distinction? Please look into operating a non-professional trading LLC/ S Corp?

Thanks,

Ken

The distinction is not necessarily an easy one to describe, so I have (tried to) attach the CME Market Data Non-Professional Certification form. This document was designed by CME for this very question.

My understanding is that if you have a LLC operating as a trading-related business, it would be viewed as a professional by CME. If you have a LLC that is setup for your own personal trading, that would fall under the Non-Professional status. Hope that helps.

Risk Disclosure: Futures and forex trading involves significant risk of loss and is not appropriate for everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)-cme-md-non-professional-certification.pdf  
The following 5 users say Thank You to NT Brokerage for this post: