Is MasterlineTraders.com trustworthy? | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Is MasterlineTraders.com trustworthy?

Trading Apprentice
Nashville, TN

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja, Sierra Chart
Favorite Futures: CL, NQ, Forex

bulldog View Post
Does anyone know anything about Masterline Traders? I just checked. They are registered as an LLC in Florida. Using the address listed and Google maps, it seems the guy who runs it lives in a trailer park. They claim to have a member ("Doug" by name) who trades 5 contracts at a time in CL, GC and NG and who made over $20,000 last month.

Is this another snake oil outfit?

I agree with Tasker's comment that all vendors should be treated as snake oil salespeople, until you can confirm otherwise. And IF it's true that the guy who runs it, truly does live in a trailer park, I'd be extremely cautious.

I went to their website and see they advertise a free week in their chat room. I'd suggest you try that to get a feel for them, unless they ask for your credit card up front. However, remember that one week in trading does not make or break a career. If they have a great week, that doesn't mean they are profitable over the long term. And the opposite applies as well.

Use the free week simply to get a feel for them as "people", i.e., do they seem like good people, disciplined, professional, etc. Are they actually trading the calls they make, i.e., do they show their trades live on a DOM or charts and are the calls being traded in a live account and not sim? Are they willing to share their real brokerage statements over the most recent 12 month period to prove they know what they are doing? Do they give you the hard sell, etc. I could go on and on, but I think you get my drift.

Please let us know if you check them out further and what you find out.

Regards,
Ric

Last edited by RicG; May 19th, 2014 at 11:07 AM.

Page generated 2018-11-19 in 0.08 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix