Why backtests are useless, EAs are flawed and their parameters are bad [DISCUSS] | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

Why backtests are useless, EAs are flawed and their parameters are bad [DISCUSS]

Regensburg, Germany

MWinfrey View Post
I'm looking froward to more detail of your walk forward analysis. For all the testing I've done, I have not seen any examples where walk forward was of any benefit. So, as I say I look forward to what you present here. I would truly like to see it work.

It's not something that works or not, it's just a different approach to analyse an EA

I have written a new article the last days where I try to explain how WFA works and why it is the logical successor of backtesting.

When I am back home on Monday/Tuesday, I will first release this article and then the tool itself a few days after - so stay tuned

-Darwin