6E personality? | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

6E personality?

seoul, Korea

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Broker/Data: CQG, DTN IQfeed
Favorite Futures: YM 6E

roach1972 View Post
I asked this ? Cuz when I look back at my charts I thought it was mistake. So I got up at 3 am east my time.and watched it live. No mistake, it blows no movement. I won't touch it. I think there is more movement in ES at that time and definitely more In crude.

That is definitely incorrect. In general 6E will have more volatility than ES. Using the Average Daily Range measurement (not true range) using a 30 day look back. we see an 85.7 tick daily range in 6E we see 16.02 Pts or 64.08 ticks on ES. So 1 day does not a sample make. Nor does just looking. But using concrete measurements across an array of markets like i mentioned above will give you answers. Yes Crude is much much more volatile at about 219 ticks per day. But again making blanket assumptions i think can lead you down the wrong path.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).