Hosted strategies for Interactive Brokers | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Hosted strategies for Interactive Brokers

Elite Member
Fort Worth, TX

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Traders Workstation
Favorite Futures: Forex

sam028 View Post
Just few comments:
1. the cost of dedicated line is quite high, compare with what you can have with a dedicated server or a VM correctly located, which will have a 1 or 2 ms latency to IB servers. At least for futures instruments, IB is quite slow compared its competitors, it should be better to use a broker with a good data feed and good execution engine.
2. why reinvent the wheel ? You may find some open-source (R ?) to do that, but starting from zero will require a huge amount of work.
3. see 1., if you're looking for speed, forget about IB !

Sorry for being so pessimistic, but this is something not so far from what I tried few years ago, IB with Java/Perl/R addons. Interesting on an intellectual point of view, but finally a lot of time spent for a poor result.

Hi Sam028,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree some stuff out there is usable, and that probably wouldn't be built from scratch. The idea is to remove as much middle-ware as possible to improve stability and execution time. I'm currently using IB for Forex, which seems pretty good. Do you have some recommended brokers I should look into for better execution? I'm always looking for the best execution time and price!

Thanks,
Mo

Page generated 2018-11-18 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix