Boomerang indicator system at indicatorwarehouse.com | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Boomerang indicator system at indicatorwarehouse.com

Springfield, MO

Trading Experience: None
Platform: SC
Favorite Futures: ES

Okay, I am ready to make a complete idiot out of myself on the intranet - here it goes.

I, like others in this thread, am trying to come up with a comparative indicator(s) application for Boomerang, as seen in the attached screen shot.

The price panel contains the earlier suggested indicators along with one application of the SMI4. I have turned off most parameters, except "Show Arrows" - see attached screen shot.

Issue with SMI4: While the screen shot looks fairly descent, what you don't see is the following issues that arose during the live market today (main trading hours):

There are times when the Arrows will paint two or more red arrows and no blue arrow in between. and there are times when it will paint two blue arrows and no red arrow in between. Finally, there have been instances when it will paint a blue arrow, then a red arrow (during chop) as I think it should, but it will not paint a blue arrow (in this instance) when price takes off to the upside.

I would send a screenshot of these issues, but those issues "disappeared" when I updated an indicator (EX. change the setting in one indicator on the chart and pressed ok or apply) or reloaded historical data from the chart (in affect, refreshing the chart), the SMI4 will paint the arrows almost perfectly - as I think they should and seen in the screen shot.

Has anyone had this issue arise with the SMI4 or any other indicators? Could it be as simple as "Calculate on bar close" True/False? I am a little corn-fused.

I hope the screen shots upload.

Go easy people. I have been known to have a brain fart every now and then.

Big Mike: I hope this is the correct thread to post this issue. If not, please let me know.

Attached Thumbnails
Boomerang indicator system at indicatorwarehouse.com-boomerang_2010-04-12_2035.png   Boomerang indicator system at indicatorwarehouse.com-smi4_boomerang_2010-04-12_2042.png  
The following user says Thank You to Affliction for this post: