Commerical Network Services VPS | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Commerical Network Services VPS

Elite Member
Austin, TX

Futures Experience: Master
Platform: ninjatrader, r-trader
Favorite Futures: CL, NG, TF, NQ, YM, GC, ES

@manten808 VPS and Dedicated servers are great when using an automated strat. But some things to consider. Where is your server located and what kind of ping are you getting to exchanges. You can get sub ms if located in Chicago to the CME. From your post looks like your server is located in NYC which gives you no speed advantage when trading things like CL. Also on most VPS they tend to oversubscribe putting to many people on one server. This can lead to many issues. If not done right someone else on your server can cause the whole server to go down. Most VPS are more geared toward things like website hosting and other uses as opposed to the demands and reliability that traders need. If I was you I would take a hard look at this thread as @sam028 is running the only type of VPS I would be comfortable trading https://futures.io/vendors-product-reviews/21198-speedytradingservers-com-review.html I use a dedicated server which is more expensive but if I was going to do a VPS would not hesitate to use same028.

Just my two cents but most server companies are nightmarish when it comes to trading. Have to be very selective.

"The day I became a winning trader was the day it became boring. Daily losses no longer bother me and daily wins no longer excited me. Took years of pain and busting a few accounts before finally got my mind right. I survived the darkness within and now just chillax and let my black box do the work."

Last edited by liquidcci; July 10th, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
The following 3 users say Thank You to liquidcci for this post:

Page generated 2018-08-21 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix