TST Combine results and strategies for passing | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

TST Combine results and strategies for passing

Elite Member
wa/ usa

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: schwab, metatrader, OEC,T4,TDameritrade
Favorite Futures: CL ES 6C 6E

Pedro40 View Post
That only protects TST from not losing more than the initial balance, but the trader still can lose all what he has made up to that point. I think Mr. Patak is on record about this saying that yes, they would let you lose whatever you have made. Now I agree, it is hard to believe they wouldn't talk to you, once the losses/downternd are obvious, but that is what they are saying.
You are allowed to be stupid as long as they are not exposed....

I agree with you there but also if a conservative trader who can chip away with 1-2 lots in beginning to build that cushion wants to ramp it up-thats what the cushion allows- a max drawdown for the ramp up. Thats a big cushion but its hard to trade CL 5 Lots (max allowed on a 50k account) with a weekly loss limit of $1k and a max DD of 2k. Simply put, putting on CL 5 lots a 1k weekly limit and 2k drawdown is just asking for trouble. Same with parameters for 100k and 150k. The cushion just allows for the traders to trade bigger size comfortably. The daily loss limit still stands so that you dont blow it up all in one day.

Page generated 2018-08-19 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix