Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review)

Chicago, IL

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: TSTrader, NinjaTrader...
Favorite Futures: ALL- Futures, Forex, Equities

Pedro40 View Post
Nope, following your link it says:

"Traders are not responsible for losses below the starting account balance."

You misunderstood something. As a funded trader, you can only lose what you have made in profits. Once you were withdrawing money from the account and getting checks, you can't lose that money, only profits in the account.

TST has a risk when you start out and that is the max. DD. That much they can lose on you, but not you personally...

Spot on Pedro. Thanks for help. Traders are NEVER asked to contribute trading capital to the trading account or reimburse the equity partner for their trading losses.

To take the above a step further, if you do go live and then do hit the max drawdown, you will be sent back to the Combine. You will receive two complimentary Combines. When you make it back to the funded account (typically those that get sent down to the Combine get back live within 2 Combines) you do NOT have to make up the losses from your prior live trading performance. You start with a clean slate and a new shot at building your account.

Hope that helps. Good questions and good help Pedro.

mp

If you have any questions about our products or services at TopstepTrader, please send me a Private Message or use the FIO "Ask Me Anything" thread.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Reply With Quote
The following 11 users say Thank You to TopstepTrader for this post: