Xbot by D Paul (autotrader for NT) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Xbot by D Paul (autotrader for NT)

Membership Revoked
new york city

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nt
Favorite Futures: es

jeronamo View Post
Of course always remain skeptical and donyour own testing. I'm back testing his updated version he emailed to me on about 90 days of replay data it's at plus 5K. Just need to get more data (possibly have to pay for it) so I can test it over a year or two. I am new to all of this, what is a good rule of thumb on a backtest, how far back do you need to go before forward testing and how much forward testing on sim before live. ( not just for this vendor but in general for any automated system)

Beware: revisions to strategies may reflect fine tuning aka curve fitting that produces great historical results based on recent historical data, but fail in walk forward testing (realtime).

You should backtest at least a year and walk forward for a minimum of 6 months before getting too excited about results. Especially with this vendor who posted monthly results that weren't close to footing with mine. I also forgot to mention that, when I asked his preferred broker if auto trade customer results were close to those posted on the website, his comment was effectively, "no comment." "You need to speak to DPaul abut that" he said. Not very comforting.

The following user says Thank You to SarahKrantz for this post:

Page generated 2018-11-19 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix