Decisionbar (decisionbar.com) trading system | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Decisionbar (decisionbar.com) trading system

boston, ma / usa

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja , metastock, multicharts, TDA, tradestation
Broker/Data: Tradestation, Esignal, OptionsExpress, MBTrading, Ameritrade
Favorite Futures: spy,sector spyders

Study comparison on the decisionbar

initiated the decisionbar on the charts today and believe a similar compare to the chaos fractal on the multichart, I changed the point plot to a line on upper and lower band and walla... a decisionbar break style indicator. also can optimize the single input. I pulled the simple 2 liner from the chaos fractal and turned her into a strat with an added bar count input . backtest results appear excellent. thought I would share and its free besides.

this is the original code, I replaced the "80" with an input "barstrength(80)" for added optimazation.

INPUTS: STRENGTH(2);

VALUE1=SWINGHIGH(1,H,STRENGTH,80);
VALUE2=SWINGLOW(1,L,STRENGTH,80);

IF VALUE1>-1 THEN PLOT1(VALUE1,"BUYFRACTAL");
IF VALUE2>-1 THEN PLOT2(VALUE2,"SELLFRACTAL");

remember to change the point to line in the plot setting.

to strat replace the plot to buy next bar on val 1 , short on val 2
heres the strat:

INPUTS: barstrength(80), STRENGTH(2);

VALUE1=SWINGHIGH(1,H,STRENGTH,barstrength);
VALUE2=SWINGLOW(1,L,STRENGTH,barstrength);
//go long
IF marketposition=0 and VALUE1>-1 and close is > value1 then buy next bar at market;
//for added confirm, i added "low > value1 and close > value1"
if marketposition=1 and close is < value1 the sell next bar at market:

IF markeposition=0 and VALUE2>-1 and close is < value2 then sellshort next bar at market;
if marketposition=-1 and low is > value2 then buytocover next bar at market;

this was by memory and my mind is shot, yet you get the idea, optimize and have fun.

Not a vendor, just a trader. I do not sell anything. Current studies involve EasyLanguage, Money Management and Technical Analysis. Do Enjoy: Fibs, S / R's , Eliotts, Cycles, Trends , Skews. Not Enjoy: fundamentals, Main St Media . It's all about keeping your emotions out of trading and work a system. Appreciate all insight as will be returned. Scotty B.
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to bullsandthebears for this post: