Some highly recommended books | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Some highly recommended books

Los Angeles, CA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Rithmic
Favorite Futures: GC

tyler durden View Post
"Trades About to Happen" by David Weis, coming out at the end of April

My previous mentor, David Weis, has a book coming out, at the end of April. It is an exploration and explanation of the Wyckoff method of chart analysis. It is about reading the markets, bar by bar. It is about big money and how they manipulate the market and how to read their actions in the market, in real time.

It is about reading the market by its own actions.

I have been waiting for this book for at least 3 years. David is a meticulous writer, and he has edited and reedited the manuscript, to get it just right. He has been a trader of the Wyckoff method for 40 years. This is his gift to the trading community. For what you are going to be paying, you will be getting, WAY MORE than your monies worth.

For those who haven't heard much of Wyckoff, he was a legendary trader who use to work in the brokerage houses near the turn of the last century. He noted and re-noted how the big players, like Livermore, would manipulate the market, for their own gains. He put this information together, and that is the beginning of the Wyckoff method. Eventually he made enough money to buy nine acres in the Hamptons, next to Alfred Sloan, the General Motors industrialist. David learned the Wyckoff method years ago from the Stock Market Institute. He has clarified and expanded on this information.

Dont get me wrong. This book will be for those brain surgeons that decided to go into trading instead of surgery. It will take work and effort to learn the material in this book. I have been given some of the material that will be included in the book, as part of my education with David. But I promised that I would not share the information because of its inclusion in the book. The material he gave me was and still is excellent. I learn something every time I read his literature.

Gary Dayton, who has presented a few well received webinars, here on Big Mikes, was also, at one time, a student of David's. Here is a link to one of Garys webinars on Big Mikes - and like I said, he got his real kick from David. And what Gary is sharing here is just a small sampling of the kind of material that you would see in Davids book.

Webinar: Dr. Gary Dayton - Trading without Indicators

Davids Weis's book is called "Trades About to Happen"

Amazon.com: Trades About to Happen: A Modern Adaptation of the Wyckoff Method (Wiley Trading) (9780470487808): David H. Weis: Books

I hope that we can get David to present here on big Mikes. He trains and mentors people, out of the goodness of his heart, he doesnt need the money, so he has no interest in promoting himself, so that may be tough. But maybe I could send him an email, if Big Mike wanted him to present here. He was one of, if not my favorite teacher that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He really is a blessing to trading. He also, I believe, will sign books if you get them thru his web site. But I am not sure.

If you arent sure about this, just get the book thru amazon, when it comes out. Look at the thing, and then return it if you arent satisfied. But remember, I guarantee you will be...

Tyler

Received my shipping notice from Amazon.com yesterday and already see a couple of great reviews.

Can't wait.

Last edited by plethora; April 25th, 2013 at 10:07 AM.