Using MTPredictor with volume Profile and DayTradeTheMarkets B/A aggression | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Using MTPredictor with volume Profile and DayTradeTheMarkets B/A aggression

Elite Member
Blythe, CA

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: IB, TS, eSignal, Zen-Fire
Favorite Futures: GC

reply to mrmuggins

The first edition of the DTTM aggression bars only worked on 1 minute bars and it had problems with other indicators on the same chart. Suggestions and feedback and upgrades fixed those issues after 6 or more months. The timeframe I use depends on the market. Justin likes 1min daysession and 15min for 24hr charts. Personally I don't use 1min and prefer 2 or 3 for the day or RTH and 15 for the 24hr for S/R zones. Upgrades come with templates for different time periods like 1min, 2 to 4min, 5 to 15min, 30 to 60min and 24hr. Each requires more historical data because of the historical comparisons made. The code uses 15 to 25 days on the 1 to 4min bars, and like 50 days on the 15 min bars. Prior to using this code I used the Color Bars available on BM forum, but they didn't have the discrete levels of aggression and did find them useful for detecting divergence as price ran into a high or low, but felt they were lacking. I tried modifying the ColorBars, but not being a C# programmer wasn't successful. I think I posted a request, or question, but got no responce. I've seen the Fat Tails better volume tool, but haven't downloaded it yet. I've been a long time fan of Gomi's work and figured color aggression bars could be made from the code. Just not within my capability. Took awhile to get accustomed to the DTTM terminology and the concepts. Yes, it is expensive, and I may have gotten it at a lower price when they first introduced it. Sometimes there are tools I just have to have.

The following 2 users say Thank You to sigmatrader for this post:

Page generated 2018-11-18 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix