TST Combine results and strategies for passing | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

TST Combine results and strategies for passing

Trading for Profit
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Favorite Futures: ES

josh View Post
This is obviously dependent on the product being traded, the particular combine amount/parameters, and most importantly, the skill of the trader and his trading strategy,

Sure, but good luck making 16K using only 2-3 contracts....

Quoting 
when in fact the specifics of the individual trader are what are most important here.

It is simple math really. In the 30K Combine you can either make 10 points with 3 contracts, 15 points with 2 contracts or 30 points with 1 contract, trading the ES....

Quoting 
If you were to go work for a prop firm and they gave you $100K to trade with

The point is/was, if you can open an account with 5K, you might as well just trade for yourself, you don't need 30K as the Combine says. (assuming you are trading ES with $500 intraday margin...)

Quoting 
You are essentially citing the holy grail of trading in general--keeping your losers small, and your winners large.

No, I was arguing that the Combine isn't geared towards scalpers.

Quoting 
except you don't know if the gods are with you when you take the trade,

Sure I do. I have a strategy with 90% probability, but it presents itself only 1-2 a month. Waiting for it patiently and going big pays off...

Not every strategy/trade are equal...

Page generated 2018-11-18 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix