Spot FX vs M6E futures | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

Spot FX vs M6E futures

seoul, Korea

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Broker/Data: CQG, DTN IQfeed
Favorite Futures: YM 6E

Spot FX vs M6E futures

I am looking to build an trading system on a small account (10-20k). I was considering YM and the micro currencies (M6E) and spot forex. However looking at the cost per contract, my commissions on a M6E contract is like 1.36 ticks RT, while the 2 fx brokers that allow US citizens and connect to multicharts are at 2.6 or greater. Which puts me in a tough spot. I would love to trade spot FX if the commission cost wasn't so high, also that does not include variable rates. Any have any thoughts on the spot FX and trading algorithmically? Is it worth the added frictions for a more "liquid" market (since spreads can be variable we dont actually know how liquid it is for any given broker you use) or just stick with mini/micro futures, where i get account security and know exactly how liquid/illiquid it is.