Tape is my shape - Currency Edition | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

Tape is my shape - Currency Edition

Canada

Ninjatrader is a GREAT platform because you can program your own indiciators to help you find these setups.

You should program a simple script that can alert you when there is a large difference on any of the DOM levels and get an audio alert.

This can EASILY be achieved using a simple code such as

Quoting 
for (int z=1; z < 4; z++){
if (onlyasks ==1){
if (askRows[z].Volume-bidRows[z].Volume > block){
// if (askRows[z].Volume > block){
DrawArrowDown(CurrentBar.ToString(),0, High[0] + (2*TickSize), Color.Blue);
Alert("up", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Reached threshold", "Alert1.wav", 10, Color.Red, Color.Yellow);
}
}
if (onlybids ==1){
if (bidRows[z].Volume-askRows[z].Volume > block){
// if (bidRows[z].Volume > block){
DrawArrowUp(CurrentBar.ToString(),0,Low[0] - (2*TickSize), Color.Blue);
Alert("up", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Reached threshold", "Alert2.wav", 10, Color.Green, Color.Yellow);

}

What the code does is, it looks only in LEVEL 2 to LEVEL 5 of the DOM, Not the inner level and compares for a difference in bids and asks, if there is a difference which you get to set in "block" it alerts you.

This script needs work however because I get too many false alerts, but you get the general idea. You can also set it to only alert you when a DOM level is greater than a certain value rather than just calculate the difference.

The following user says Thank You to adaseb for this post: