XAU/USD GC Gold | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

XAU/USD GC Gold

Budapest, Hungary

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Windows 95
Favorite Futures: YM

Gold is falling like a rock so I was waiting for the next opportunity to short it. Today resistance was at $1585 and a trend line slightly above. Price actually broke above this level but only by $2. I considered it as a fake breakout and went short (2 contracts). In the m15 chart (below is the H1) you could clearly see the 200 ema was holding the price. This is when I got break-even because there was a chance for it to reverse. As the support level dropped I added to my position 1 more contract and moved my average price to break-even. I knew I wouldn't be able to move my stop fast so I didn't. It was a good decision again as price action was a bit choppy. Later I could place my stop where it is now. If it gets me out, it's still an OK trade, if it falls more, it will make me good money.

Attached Thumbnails
XAU/USD  GC  Gold-gold-feb-22.gif