Experiences with Collective2 | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Experiences with Collective2

Elite Member
PORTLAND, OR

Futures Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: Futures

My issue in the prior post had not been with frequency of service disruptions, but their process of handling them or rather lack of process. It gave me insight into how the company functions and the worrying disconnect between entities within the organization.

This and several other subjective reasons led me to leave the site entirely. The standard needs to be very high for sites that have access to not only your broker logins but also your credit card data, which is retained on their servers.

A little more research will lead you as it did me to more objective reasons not to trust this site with your financial future. In 2009 their database was breached and apparently logins,cc data were compromised Internet trading site collective2.com hacked | Office of Inadequate Security the e-mails users received (I was not a member then) were not explicit whether the data obtained was in plain text or hashed.

While no business is immune from a breach, I have come to expect a level of redundant security from other entities that hold this same level of information brokers,banks etc. that simply was not implemented before or after the breach. Your free to your own interpretation.

Last edited by gonzofist; February 22nd, 2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: removed redundant wording

Page generated 2018-08-20 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix