Experiences with Collective2 | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Experiences with Collective2

Elite Member
Dartmouth NS

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MC, MC.Net, NT, TWS
Broker/Data: IB / IQFeed / Kids
Favorite Futures: Forex, stocks

kevinkdog View Post
Since I led you to Collective2, I feel somewhat responsible

Your references to IB, TWS, Hitchhiker and annoying sailed over my head, unfortunately (it is pretty easy to do)...

Can you explain a bit?

THANKS

The common thread among IB, TWS, Hitchhiker and "annoying" is provision of service. Up to and including the destruction of the planet in the case of Hitchhiker.

I like Douglas Adams' ironic sense of humour (he wrote HitchHiker's Guide) and his other stories, and am thoroughly satisfied with IB even if TWS' need to shut down every 24 hours (avoidable by use of IB Gateway) and IB's need to reboot their servers at midnight EST drives me nuts because it potentially stresses my own homemade strategies that run continuously.

I enjoyed your webinar tonight enough to consider running the 3 pair Forex strategy since glimmers of the "expert follower" still exist in me .

Since it's served by a third party sought to research the 3rd party, the only unknown in the equation. I was interested in @gonzofist's remarks as another service provider (the apparent lack of warning in his post the trigger for my remarks, since even though scheduled I consider the interruption in IB service I've learned to live with an annoyance), wondering if you have any complaints about Collective2 as a platform.

Page generated 2018-11-19 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix