Bob Volman - Price Action Scalping | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

Bob Volman - Price Action Scalping

Market Wizard
Cleveland Ohio/United States

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation
Broker/Data: Tradestation, DeCarley, others
Favorite Futures: futures

MrYou View Post
To add some context, kevinkdog may be referring to implementing the methods for automated trading. Which, from what I understand, automating price action trading methods can be a difficult task.

But I am in the middle of reading this book and so far I like it. Very easy to read and understand. For me its doing a good job of explaining the mystery behind reading price action activity on a chart. With practice I think his setups would be useful for a beginner.

Definitely recommended.

It would not matter to me if it was discretionary or rule based/automated. I'd just have to prove to myself that the methods provided a tangible edge / positive expectancy. I haven't been able to do that...yet.

edit: I'm the kind of person who tests everything, regardless of source. I believe nothing until I test and evaluate it to my satisfaction. Probably many people are satisfied with Volman's explanations in his book, without any additional need for proof. Different strokes for different folks...

Last edited by kevinkdog; January 20th, 2013 at 01:11 PM.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to kevinkdog for this post: