Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review)

Tulsa, OK

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: Jigsaw, Ninja Trader, Sierra Chart
Broker/Data: Ninjatrader/Rithmic
Favorite Futures: G&L Tribute Series Rampage

Bravissimo!

HollywoodTrader
I quote lancelottrader here because I took his insight seriously and it was much appreciated because I probably wouldn't have recognized it on my own because I get too focused on the task at hand when I should be taking a step back to analyze -- so thank you for raising the issue because I am hardly ever satisfied.

Moving on, in my last post I detailed how I asked to go back down to the combine from the "live prep" so I could move up to the 10 contract combine from the 5 which is the one successfully completed. I, for several reasons, I felt that having more contracts at my disposal would really be a boon to my system/methodology. Well, I'm happy to report that it looks as though I was right about this. Furthermore, I am much more relaxed while trading and a loss doesn't have the negative affects it did in the lower combine or even for lower dollar amounts -- although the money isn't much of a consideration for my, making the most of each individual trade is always that task at hand.

So the good news is that I'm doing well in my new 10 day, 10 contract combine -- in fact out of 9 trading days I have 9 winning days -- but, it doesn't look like I'm going to hit my profit target. I do have one day left to hit the target but if I don't, no biggie, because the whole point of moving down was to really develop my edge and what I believed was best for me and I feel I have done that and it's only going to get better. As a matter of fact I have acted with an abundance of caution in this combine, protecting taking profits too early and not letting them run even when I was sure the bias was in my favor. So, I'll get 'em on the next combine, but, as I am always looking to advance it will be in the 15 contract combine this time.

Excellent, excellent news! Sounds like you had a very good idea what you needed to do and that you are getting it done.

It's also encouraging to me b/c in the very beginning I toyed with the idea of stepping through the different combine levels - start at 30k and keep working up. Earning my size. It's what I've started doing as of my current combine and glad to see you were able to benefit from a similar approach.

HollywoodTrader
I finally feel that I have found my edge and this is the one that I have been on the quest to find and is the one that I will stick with!

HollywoodTrader

Well, it just doesn't get much better than that Congrats and continued success, Hollywood!

HollywoodTrader
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Speaking of doesn't get much better ... I started to snip the image from my reply but c'mon now it's a great looking image

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~ Seneca
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to omni72 for this post: