Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review)

Reno, Nevada

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: ZN, ZB, CL

Surly View Post
@phantomtrader - I'm curious what bugs you've found? CTS is actually quite a robust platform in my experience - the DOM is quite a bit better than Ninja's and from what I understand far more professionals use T4 than Ninja. I'm curious to hear about your experience as I'm still using T4. Thanks.

Hi: The "flatten all" button didn't work. And if you clicked it more than once, it placed additional orders on the DOM. During the live training session with John Hoag he acknowledged that there was an issue with that.

As far as functionality is concerned, scaling trades is somewhat cumbersome. On Ninja, you can design a scale setup in 30 seconds with targets, stops, etc. On the T4, you can use the auto OCO function, but if you want multiple targets and stops, you have to set each one individually every time you trade. For instance, I may trade 6 lots with an intial stop of 6 ticks with targets of 1 pt and 2 pts and let the last 2 lots ride the market if a trend develops. On Ninja, I can design this setup for single click execution. On T4, I could use the OCO for all 6 lots, but immediately would have to cancel the 6 lot target and replace with 3 separate targets. And the stop would have to be moved manually and adjusted every time a target is hit.

So I guess it depends on how you manage your trades. If you're a single lot trader, all this doesn't matter. It may be suitable for some, but overall I think it's a dinosaur.