Please humor me - auto trading forex techniques with 100% monthly consistency | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

Please humor me - auto trading forex techniques with 100% monthly consistency

Melbourne

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: Forex

I certainly haven't created such a system - that much I can tell you. I have been developing automated fx systems for 12 months now and have made all the usual mistakes that I'm sure nearly everybody makes along the way (e.g. not understanding the differences between backtesting and trading live, dangers of curve fitting etc). I'm only now beginning to experience some success trading my strategies live.

May I ask are you trading any of the automatic systems you have created live? Or are you still at the backtest stage? I wonder because, if you're still at the backtest stage, my advice would be to start trading them on sim or live with low stakes and see if your forward tested results match your backtest results. It's just SO easy to create a strategy that backtests well but just falls apart live.