Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review)

Tulsa, OK

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: Jigsaw, Ninja Trader, Sierra Chart
Broker/Data: Ninjatrader/Rithmic
Favorite Futures: G&L Tribute Series Rampage

josh View Post
I could be wrong, but based on my experience, they are likely to impose a max drawdown below initial balance. In other words, if you have more days to accumulate profit, you will also be restricted to an initial drawdown, possibly not that different from the live combine itself.

Absolutely, the restricted drawdown is part of my combine as well. And I'm not saying people are likely to take bigger hits on their account. My point is that if someone averages -$75 per session today, doubling the amount of trading days available probably isn't going to be a magic bullet.

I'm glad you brought up the drawdown limit because I rarely see it discussed. It is something that Combiners should stay aware of. You could very easily stay miles away from your daily loss limit and still knock yourself out of contention by hitting the drawdown limit. Again, if someone is net negative on average, it probably won't take the full 20- or 40-days to tap out.

Personally, I'm all in favor of things being as close to the live combines as possible. If that means having a 5% drawdown limit, bring it on.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~ Seneca
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote