Can Educators really give us education?(result from a trading competition) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Can Educators really give us education?(result from a trading competition)

Market Wizard
Cleveland Ohio/United States

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation
Broker/Data: Tradestation, DeCarley, others
Favorite Futures: futures

ilikeread View Post
Thanks for all of your feedback.

I really have no intention to disrespect any vendors or educators. Actually, I did learn something useful from the webinars/ website contents of some of the attendants of the Infinity contest. The problems is, I always thought, these guys are pros, and they are suppose do better than me. Yet, if I do not make a single trade in those 6 days, and I might make all my way to the final!

This situation matches some saying " If you don't trade for 6 months, your P&L might be well ahead of 80% of all futures accounts".

I agree with wrbtrader and Kevinkdog's point, that a longer time frame statement would be better. But this result from Infinity really mean something to me. At least, quite some traders in the contest did not look like using the maxim " cut the loss and let the profit run." I am not being sarcastic here, but after a long time of study some of the attendants work, I suddenly realized that that guy might be only better than me in talking about the market, this could be really frustrating.

Anyway, this statement is a snapshot. A snapshot from the really battlefield. When people show some fancy Excel P&Ls, people always asked: "Is that brokerage certified/notarized". Well, this one looks like certified, but not pretty. I would welcome more input on this.

I certainly believe that there are some consistent profitable trader there, otherwise, where will the loser's money flow to?

Some excellent comments, @ilikeread.

The Infinity contest tells us all how extremely difficult it is to make money trading. Anyone who tells you it is easy should be regarded with suspicion.

The following user says Thank You to kevinkdog for this post:

Page generated 2018-08-21 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix