What programs have you bought? Confess | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

What programs have you bought? Confess

Malmo, Sweden

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: AMP Futures/CQG
Favorite Futures: ES

Time for a painful and embarrasing confession:
  • Vantagepoint
    Software for inter-market analysis and prediction on a daily basis. Didn't rhyme with my trading style at all.
  • VirginTrader from Elliottician
    (Trial subscription) Perfect waste of time - gave too many bad signals that had to be filtered visually.
  • Seven Summits Trader from NetPicks
    Indicator package for NinjaTrader - can make money when markets are volatile. (And lose during chop)
  • DecisionBar subscription
    Indicator package for NinjaTrader - not expensive, perhaps useful, but didn't do it for me...
  • Dick Diamond 4-day live seminar
    Interesting peek at how a veteran approaches the markets. Didn't really teach how to trade for real though.
  • Trading Advantage / Secrets of Traders online course
    Finally something that opened my eyes regarding how to view price development, and most importantly, what NOT to do.

Not to mention a few dozen books, and a long-standing subscription to Elliot Wave International's Financial Forecast service.

Note though that I have given up on Elliot as a means to making money in the markets - trying to predict where price is going gives you expectations, and they only serve to block your mental ability to see what the market *is* doing (especially when you are in a trade).

The following 4 users say Thank You to johanps68 for this post: