EURUSD 6E Euro | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

EURUSD 6E Euro

Palm Beach County

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: OEC about to change to Ninja
Favorite Futures: ES ,EUR/USD

Silver Dragon View Post
While I agree with you about taking the same trade, I would still ask the question why did it fail? Can you add something to you trade criteria which would filter out this trade next time?

Robert

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Silver Trader,

You question is worthy of further comment.

While I stated the way I trade this set up, which are generally few and far between, I am open to any suggestions and quite frankly I have 'found' (filter) something that will /may be of benefit at the same time letting the trade run its course.

The downside is a potential lower profit outcome as it may strike my profit goal while I am 'out', but can also reduce the potential of a full stop loss,which I don't need

The method would be simple enough. Using 4000 contracts range ,set up with SMA 8 and EMA 32; 32 being the 'resistance' level. I would close the position on the negative crossover (take profit)and re establish the position +20 pips. That could be a form of filter.I am going to give it serious consideration. Thanks.

I don't comment much on futures.io (formerly BMT) and hesitated being an "elite member", because I was concerned that various threads may 'turn my head'. However, one this is guaranteed.....there will always be little "gems" that can benefir ALL traders from time to time on this site.

And Silver's simple enquiry is a typical example.

Trader

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Family Trader for this post: