Viper Trading Systems Indicator | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Viper Trading Systems Indicator

Sydney, NS

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker/Data: Zen-Fire
Favorite Futures: TF,S,GC

I looked at their stuff this summer when they were announced as partners. I did like the clean, simple charts their indicator-based system produced. Breakouts with longer-term trend. Simple. Good.

They made a huge error, imo, by trying to automate and not only that, selling individual modules custom-fit for each particular index market. Over-optimization, clearly, not to mention greed. At this point they went full-tilt boogy into marketing hype type activity as their prime mode versus a 'we are traders and we can help you trade too' type approach. I would be very surprised if they can be consistent with their systems without having to issue endless re-releases every few weeks/months for each of them after a wicked DD period which few, if any, could weather in practice.

I suspect the only day-trading automated systems that can work are those based on very definable patterns, usually early in the am cash session or late. Like opening range breakouts, range expansion extremes (OB/OS), things like that. Smoothed indies will rarely hold up in any market, let alone the indexes, over time.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to cclsys for this post: