Flux Capacitor - by Back to the Future | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Flux Capacitor - by Back to the Future

fairfield, ct

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, InvestorRT
Broker/Data: Vision, Rithmic, IQfeed
Favorite Futures: ES, 6E, CL, NQ

affordable alternatives for trading/experimenting with forecast indicators

Hi guys,
Glad to read all the good critiques here. I think there's definitely a new trend in retail trading software to include forecasting techniques, and I'm sure it'll slowly become a standard in most charting packages. I would definitely save my money and not go "all in" on some indicators that we could later create as a team and will only get better and cheaper very soon. In the meantime however, there are a few very affordable alternatives that may have some advantages over the flux:

1. Cycle Pack by Chris at sr-analyst. Very cool stuff, forecasts turning points with predicted down swing/ up swing, based partially on Hurst cycle theory and signal processing. And, $30/month.

2. MAP included in Ensign Charting Software, at Ensign. There are very interesting articles about this unique Neural Net forecasting engine. It was supposedly developed originally by a genius weapon's scientist Dennis Regan, who supposedly went about creating an out of the box neural network forecasting solution involving a perspective similar to how a bat uses frequencies to get a sonic image of an environment. Later it was revived & attempted to be backward engineered by Larry Pesavento and a head guy at Ensign. Now it's included in their software package. Cost $45/month. Interestingly, the MAP forecast requires optimally 50-60 days of past data...just like Flux. Definitely some LOLs when you realize that GFTForex is reselling the same forecasting engine for $500/month PER CURRENCY pair, and they call it "Foresight AI"!!! And this guy Tom, is reselling it for $99/month at The Market Maps: Dow, FTSE, Dax and NASDAQ. Good elitetrader dialogue about the MAP's lineage here:
Forums - "Market Map" - anybody using it ?
Check out screenshots of the MAP at the ensign site and themarketmap site, has all the same ideas, sync predictions, inversions...etc...

The following user says Thank You to bgtrader for this post: