EURUSD 6E Euro | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

EURUSD 6E Euro

Australia

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, Multicharts
Favorite Futures: Spot Forex, Gold, Silver

researcher247 View Post
-------------
Fundamentals are ALREADY 'cooked' into any market. It is a chicken or egg question; for me, the question(s) are moot.

That written; I do NOT think about it--not 'try not to think about it'--I simply don't. I do not follow politics nor current events to an unusually large degree. No t.v. in my houses nor radio nor do I discuss politics. No offense intended. I realize this is absolutely quite odd; I get it.

This may come off as cocky or arrogant (assuredly it is not); my work is based on a high level of accuracy and having tracked over 1,700+ swingtrades in my career {27+ years full time} in Indices, Interest Rates, Metals, Currencies, Grains, Softs, Energies & International Markets & Sectors I confirm after the 1st several days or so whether my anticipated

a) short-term swing trades
b) longer-term campaign trades
c) Macro-term long-term multi-month to several fiscal quarter trades

swingtrades are on the right track.

How? Continued price action based on my cycle work AFTER my entry. I always use a mental stop(s) that I honor as if my next breath depended on it in case I am wrong. Yes; I am wrong a minority--a small minority of the time. That is trading, probability & statistics and position sizing are all my best friends!

Frequently, once I have confirmed continuing price action after entry with further analysis I then begin to focus a bit more on shorter-term scaling in and out and then back in again (@shorter-term profit targets and then waiting for another favorable entry on pullbacks within the 'now defined' trend) several times and at least 50% of the time with options strategies to augment my 'base'/core position.

I apologize if I am a trader that is unaware of 'news' or fundamentals. Incredulous at it sounds, I am unaware of day to day news announcements (except for my intraday trading and then only if it is a major monthly report such as NFP or EIA on the weekly report schedule, or PPI/CPI/GDP--a grand total of about 5 reports). Again, this is ONLY for intraday trading. I don't interpret the numbers.

This is contrarian in nature, I am a contrarian by nature--so it works for me. This was an excellent question. In my humble opinion NONE of the fundamentals mean anything; they are randomly controlled and adjusted and leaked and cooked and ???? in so many various and nefarious ways that it is utter f*ckery.

As long as price and volume move the markets (controlled by human emotions and behaviors); I am good with that. Even HFT doesn't worry me in the slightest. Until we are complete 'Terminator Robots' and humans are not allowed 'free will' to make a buy or sell decision, I have no worries.

peace

hedvig

Oh Wow....seriously?

*slowly backs away*