Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Vendor: www.jigsawtrading.com 
Bangkok

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts.NET, S5, Ninj
Broker/Data: AMP, S5, IB
Favorite Futures: ES

djkiwi View Post
Hi, I've had a separate PC running 24 hours a day 7 days a week testing retail indicators including CCI, MACD, Stochastics, moving averages, RSI, Fibs etc. This involves millions of iterations of backtesting/forward testing and advanced financial analysis in excel. I concluded that none of them will provide consistent profitability over the long term.

If you take a look @ what they teach day traders in prop shops, you'll certainly have an answer as to how effective these things are from their perspective.

What all this stuff offers is absolution from making a trading decision. If you have 3 things that 'line up' - then the actual decision is not in your hands. This is the allure. No-one wants to use discretion.

Funnily enough - the quest to find a 'magic setup' that will work forever based on some 'secret' indicator or combination of well know indicators is a much longer journey than hunkering down and just learning how to trade with discretion.

I have a friend who recently joined a prop shop. He is in training, they are paying him to train and will fund him when he shows he has 'got it'.

The amount of time that they expect a trainee to go from zero to trading 1-2 lots of their money?

12 weeks

Of course, teh interweb gurus generally claim it takes 10,000 hours....

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Jigsaw Trading for this post: